Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Halloween day #4



Uh oh! I was just reviewing my blog and I realized that I am missing project #4.  I just skipped right ahead and went from day 3 to day 5.  Goodness, I must make this right…so here it is: Day 4 of my 13 Days of Halloween projects.  For Day #4 I am revisiting a project I have made numerous times.  This is my Halloween wreath made with handmade paper rosettes. 

 For this project I used some Halloween paper from my stash (My Mind’s Eye), black raffia, circle punch, hot glue, and black ink.   

So for this project I made a bunch of different sized rosettes.  Rosettes can be made different ways and even can be cut using dies, but I made mine the old fashioned way.  I cut strips of 12x12 paper different widths, scored them every quarter inch; fan folded them and then hot glued the ends together and secured the center with either a circle punched paper or cut out image from the paper pad.  After all the rosettes were made, I used black ink to ink the edges and then I used a piece of card stock and cut out a circle to make my base.  I hot glued the rosettes to the base, cut out a haunted house from the paper pad, and tied the raffia to the base so I could use it to hang the wreath.

So this is my wreath:




So what do you think?  This was a super easy project that I completed in front of the TV.  I encourage you to try your hand at this and make a wreath for your home, office, cubicle, or wherever you feel might need a subtle touch of homemade decor.   

That’s it for now my friends.  I will see you soon with my next project to complete my 13 Days Challenge. Bye, and have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment