Saturday, September 28, 2013

Baby Shower Favors

So recently I was asked to make party favors for my coworkers daughters baby shower. Of course, I immediately froze and instantly doubt any experience or talent I have. Since I always say "Of course I can do that for you", I had no choice but to get in gear and create a memorable, yet simple favor for this special event. So here is what I came up with...
I made sour cream containers. These little favors are made with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of card stock from Graphic 45 Little Darlings collection, sticky strip, organza ribbon, a baby pic of both the new mom and new dad, and a little stamped image that says "welcome, baby!" and of course candy to fill the containers.

I had a few mishaps- my sticky strip wasn't holding, so I had to reinforce the seam with invisible tape. Not ideal, but I had to do something and honestly you can't even see the tape. Second mishap- I ran out of ivory ribbon, so there are more with pink than ivory bows. Oh well, what are you gonna do. So that's all for me tonight. Tomorrow is the shower and I really hope both grandma and mom like what I have come up with. As for me, I am ready to go back to my Halloween crafts. No more pink for me! Ha ha! Anyway, that's all for now, until next time my friends- have a great weekend. 
Pic of my working mess

No comments:

Post a Comment