Sunday, October 6, 2013

Halloween day #6


I am back with project #6 from my 13 Days of Halloween challenge. For today's project I strayed with a paper mâché witch hat I picked up at my local craft store. The hat is 10 inches in diameter by approximately 10 inches in height
To start, I painted both sides black with some basic black acrylic paint. After the paint was dried, I used paper from Echo Park's Apothecary Emporium paper pack to Mod Podge to the hat. 
I started working on this project around midnight (I had the longest day, but that's a story for another day) and I let the hat dry overnight. Once everything was dry, I trimmed the paper around the hat brim and inked the edges with black ink. 
Now was the fun part! To decorate the hat I hot glued some puff ball trim around the hat, used some crystal flourishes to dazzle it, hot glued a Prima bat stem to the front, used a handmade paper rosette I had left over from my wreath, and glued a witch potion paper to the rosette. So what do you think? 
I toyed around with adding more layers, but I think anything else will make it look too bulky. So that is it for today, I will be back soon with project #7 and continue with my 13 Days challenge. 
My creative chaos! 

Have a good week my friends! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment