Saturday, May 30, 2015

Crafty Friday Night



As you all know, this move has just taken its toll on me.  Last night I was purging more goodies and I decided to just stop.  I stopped, cleared off my desk and decided to actually make something.  So that is what I did! I actually made something.

Every vacation we go on, I collect everything to remember the trip (i.e. luggage tags, park maps, tickets) which will normally end up in one of my scrapbooks.  Yesterday I had the idea to change it up, and instead of adding the memorabilia to a scrapbook, I made a shadowbox frame.  Originally I had an idea to put all my Disney ears and other Disney hats in shadowboxes, but quickly discovered that

1.      I don’t have enough wall space for that big of a display 
2.      This could quickly get pricey 
3.      What if I want to wear them again?


So instead of displaying ears, I used one of the shadowbox frames I had and quickly went to work.  I laid everything out on my desk in order to see what I had to work with.  Here is my final project:




WDW Trip 2014

organized chaos
At first I wanted this picture, but it was much too big.
I can't work without my crystal light
more of my work space



As I was working, I realized I had a lot of stuff and I had to decide on what I wanted to display the most.  I decided that I really wanted small pictures of the hotel, which was a blast on its own, and of course I really wanted the park maps because those change so much as the years go on. The one thing I really wanted to add was our magic bands, but they didn't fit right at all.  I added park maps, our ticket cards, some pictures, Not So Scary wrist band, Food & Wine passport, our anniversary button, luggage tag, baggage tag, ephemera from Simple Stories Say Cheese line, and my villains magic band charms. So what do you think?  I love how this project turned out.  I actually really like the small pictures that are not too overwhelming, and the Magic Kingdom park map with the new Snow White ride pictured.  

So that is my Friday night creativity.  After a busy work week, it felt good to sit and make something. My husband was in his man cave playing a video game and I took the opportunity to escape myself.  I don't know if any of you can relate, but I put on an old movie and worked on my project uninterrupted in total peace, and it was blissful. 

Here are some of the pictures I came across during the process:


My version of Cruella- All homemade by me, who doesn't sew.

Clubber- he even grew out his hair for the costume.

The funnest resort at WDW and it doesn't cost 2 arms and 2 legs. 

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party- Wreck It Ralph!


Waiting for the boat at the Polynesian Hotel

A must have at the Magic Kingdom


I wanted one so bad, but my teeth would never forgive me, so a picture will have to do.

Before he was able to shave for his costume

At Gaston's Tavern (his favorite character)

At Epcot, somewhere in Japan

Meeting an old flame of mine





So that is all for my weekend project.  Hopefully next week I will have something new and exciting to show you.  I will going to an all day crop Saturday and I am looking forward to girl time.

No comments:

Post a Comment