Friday, September 13, 2013

Halloween day #3

Today I am going to show you project 3 from my 13 days of Halloween series. 
For project # 3 I decorated these paper mâché letters I picked up at my local craft store. For this super easy project I first traced the letter on scrapbook paper so i can cover the front. I then used black acrylic paint and painted these letters black. While the paint dried, I cut out the letters. 
After the paint was dried, I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the front of  the letters. I had to be careful that the paper was right side up. This is definitely important when using paper with words on it. I gave the letters time to dry and then I followed up with another coat of Mod Podge to seal them both front, then back, then center. 

So that is it! The whole project only took about an hour and it looks great on the shelf. If I didn't have the counter space, it would be easy to staple gun ribbon to the back and make them hangable.  So my friends, I hope this inspires you to get out there and get crafty. Until next time, have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment