Sunday, August 25, 2013

13 days...project 2


I am back with project #2 for my 13 days of Halloween challenge. Today I made another super simple home decor project  using a 12x12 canvas, a sheet of paper from the DCWV Spooky Stack, black acrylic paint, Mod Podge, Zip dry, rhinestone stickers, and some Recollections flowers.  
To complete this project I painted the canvas black including the edges. After the paint was dry I applied a thin layer of Mod Podge over the canvas and then put my paper down so it would adhere to the canvas. I waited overnight and then I applied another layer of Mod Podge over the paper to adhere it and seal it to the canvas. Once the Mod Podge was dry I used Zip Dry and adhered a cluster of Recollections flowers to the bottom corner and added some rhinestone stickers to the banners for some texture. 

So what do you think? So far, I am loving the simplistic projects that I know are going to come together beautifully. That's all for today! I'll see you all next time with project #3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment