Saturday, April 24, 2010
Our sponsor this month is SNOBBY WALRUS. It's a fabulous new place that will surely put a smile on your face. If this guy....
doesn't do it, then all the people over there will. I promise you! They are such a fun-filled group of people from all over the world. Check out the forums there to see what I'm talking about. Don't forget to take a peek in their fabulous online store and at their funny blog too!
With that said, here is my entry:
This is a picture of my 3 nieces. Vanesa, Samantha, and Alyssa. No matter what you do or where you go, if they are involved, you definitely feel like you are going bonkers! It's a madhouse!
THE SONG: Everybody Knows by Concrete Blonde
As always, we choose our prize winners AND our guest gutter girlz from those of you who play along with us!! All you need to do is create YOUR art from OUR prompt, then leave us a comment with a direct LINK to your creation in your comment. We'll go through and pick a random prize winner, and our choice of a guest designer. How easy is THAT? This month's prize comes from our very own GutterGirl, Glenda!
I listened to the lyrics of the song, and although I liked them, they are kind of dark. I chose to focus on the positive. Yeah the world sucks, and life sometimes feels like it won't get any better, but it never outweighs the good. "It's no secret I love being aunt Shell", is my theme. I don't have any kids, but I have a gaggle of nieces and nephews, and I love them all. This is me and my 3 nieces Alyssa, Samantha, and Vanesa. They are crazy girls new to their teens. They giggle, and whisper, and are just genuine. Yeah they have smart mouths sometimes, but that is for their parents to correct. I just have fun being Auntie!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
For this challenge we are super excited to be teaming up with Diana's awesome sketch blog- Sketchy Thursdays. Sketchy Thursdays is a weekly sketch challenge blog that chooses one random winner each week to receive a scrappy prize for participating. So be sure to post your completed layouts on their site as well to double your chances of winning a prize!!!
For this one challenge, you are being asked to use both the sketch from Diana AND the WTG prompt.
Right Now - while the core of who you are doesn't change, I find that my interests and activities tend to evolve from one year to the next. Take a moment to capture the things you are into RIGHT NOW.Entertainment: Favorite TV shows, music, movies, websites Tastes: Foods and drinks you are into right now, clothing styles, products, brands Activities: Crafts you are working on, hobbies, interests, new routines or habits
(Try for at least 5 different facts about yourself right now! I find a list can work great but its totally your call!)
I loved this prompt, and here I am:It is true that at my core I am always the same person, but we all tend to try new things and develop new hobbies and favorite gadgets and hobbies. Here are the things that I love right now:
1. I never watched any of the Harry Potter movies, but now that we are going to Universal Florida, we decided to start at the beginning. I actually really like them.
2. My upcoming trip to the World of Harry Potter- Universal Orlando. We are staying at The Hard Rock Hotel. YAY!
3. I love my new Iphone. Can't say enough. Money well spent.
4. My success on Jenny Craig. Not only have I lost 22 pounds, my sugar is down, and now the treat of going on insulin is off the table. Another YAY!
5. You tube tutorials are fantastic. I feel so smart from watching people share their scrapbook, card making, and stamping knowledge.
6. Sugar free gum- really helps me curb my appetite.
7. Facebook and all its games. I am a chef, a farmer, and a mayor, oh my!
8. True Blood- I love Sookie Stackhouse, both in Charlaine Harris' books, and on HBO.
9. Bath and Body Works Orange Ginger Shampoo- when you sweat, it smell's so good!
10. Starbucks Shaken Green Tea Lemonade unsweetened with 2 sweet n lows- a great drink that helps me stay away from my beloved Diet Coke.
11. Mario Kart marathons- me and my husband will play this for hours. I always play as Princess Peach. I love her pink racing outfits.
12. The color Orange. I love orange, the color, the fruit, the smell. Hence, the shampoo, and my life long love for Clinique Happy perfume. I am from California, and I am just bright and cheerful, what can I say.
13. Spring Flowers- They are just so pretty. Enjoy them before the 105 degree weather comes and kills them.
14. My happy life- I am just at complete bliss these days. I won't argue, I am just enjoying it!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
So, for this first April challenge you are asked to dig out those photo's buried in that deep, dark corner of your lives that you have hidden away so that no one will discover them. Come on girls, you know what I'm talking about! We wanna see the funny, hilarious, embarrassing memories you have that you wouldn't dare scrap before this. It can be of yourself or if you'd rather embarrass someone else, feel free.
Our April Sponsor is The Scarlet Lime.
The Scarlet Lime is ran by husband & wife Ben & Christy Tomlinson - A dynamic duo who are also raising 6 kids at the same time. They started The Scarlet Lime back in the Fall of 2007. They bring together all sorts of patterns, textures and styles, they mix modern with vintage, funky with chic and offer these eclectic mix-ups in their monthly kits, add-ons, paper-crafting projects and a bunch of other fun things. They have a newsletter you can sign up for and prizes and giveaways that you can enter too. So, check them out and see what they are all about!
These are some of my embarassing pictures that when I look at, I immediatly say to myself "what was I thinking?" The First picture is me riding the weird wanna-be Donald Duck outside the grocery store. We were out for a night of fun and we thought it would be funny to put a couple quarters in kiddie ride and have fun. Well in the middle of our good time, the store security walked over and asked us to leave the premesis. I was so embarassed. He even walked us to the car to make sure we left the premesis. Maybe we posed a threat, I don't know.